Appointments & Consultations
To schedule an appointment, please call (516) 520-1480 during business hours and our courteous, caring and knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you. If the phone lines are busy please call back. If you are connected to our voice mail system, please leave a message on extension 10 and a member of our team with call you back
Same day or next day appointment requests are honored based upon availability and the nature of your problem.
New patients are always welcome
Prior to your consultation, you will be asked to bring the following items to the office:
- Most current and one prior set of Mammography films and official radiology reports
- Most current and one prior set of Breast Ultrasound films and official radiology reports, if applicable
- Breast MRI and official radiology reports, if applicable
- Recent biopsy and official pathology reports, if applicable
At the time of your consultation please have the following items with you:
- Insurance Cards
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Copay, (check or cash only)
- Referral Form (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Completed Registration Form
- List of all Your Medications, Vitamins and Supplements
- Medication Allergies
- List of your Medical Problems and Prior Surgery
Forms & Instructions
- Patient Registration Form
- Family History Questionnaire
- Fibrocystic Breasts Information
- Preparations & Instructions for Breast Aspiration/Core Biopsy in Office
- Preparations and & Instructions for Stereotactic or Core Needle Biopsy in Hospital
- Preparations & Instructions for Lumpectomy, Excisional Biopsy, Lymph Node Biopsy or Minor Excision
- Surgery Preparation Checklist- St. Joseph Hospital
- Surgery Preparation Checklist- Syosset Hospital
- Post Core Biopsy Instructions
- Post-Operative Instructions for Minor Procedures
- Post Procedure Compression Bra
Note: Please feel free to print these out. These forms are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here or on the Get Adobe Reader icon.
If you have small children under your care we kindly request that you make other arrangements for them during your appointment time. Due to the nature of our practice, children are not permitted to accompany you in to the consultation or examination rooms.
Food, Drink & Tobacco
We respectfully request that there be no eating, drinking or smoking in our examination or procedure rooms.
We understand that life can be busy. If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you kindly provide us with at least 48 hours notice. This courtesy, on your part, will make it possible to give your appointment to another patient.
Our practice provides on-call service for emergencies, 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week. Call (516) 520-1480, leave a message and Dr. Kaufman or his covering physician, will be notified. Please remember to "turn off" the Caller-ID/Caller Blocking functions on your phone so that you can receive a call back from the doctor. As an option, also leave your cell phone number on the message. Please speak slowly and clearly.
We accept personal checks and cash. In certain circumstances we will accept credit cards. Please be prepared to submit your insurance co-payment at the time of your office visit. In addition, if you have a deductible, please be prepared to satisfy that as well on the day of your visit. If you need to discuss financial arrangements, please feel free to speak to our office manager, Katie Wasserman.
Health Insurance Plans
Our practice accepts almost all major insurance plans, including those listed below. If you don't see your insurance carrier listed, please call our office and speak with our office manager, Katie Wasserman to see if we accept your plan. We will always try to accommodate your needs and special allowances can be made. Very often we care for patients who are self paying, with no insurance or those who have coverage that we do not participate with. Please ask for details. We are happy to help.
- Cigna HMP/PPO
- Empire Plan
- Group Health Incorporated (GHI) HMO/PPO
- Healthcare Provider
- Island Group
- Multi Plan
- National Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- VNS Choice