Appointments & Consultations
To schedule an appointment, please call (516) 520-1480 during business hours and our courteous, caring and knowledgeable staff will be happy to assist you. If the phone lines are busy please call back. If you are connected to our voice mail system, please leave a message and a member of our team with call you back
Same day or next day appointment requests are always honored based the nature of your problem. We will do everything we can to make you an appointment with Dr. Kaufman as soon as possible while accomodating your schedule
New patients are always welcome
Prior to your consultation, you will be asked to bring the following items to the office:
- Most current and one prior set of Mammography films and official radiology reports
- Most current and one prior set of Breast Ultrasound films and official radiology reports, if applicable
- Breast MRI and official radiology reports, if applicable
- Recent biopsy and official pathology reports, if applicable
At the time of your consultation please have the following items with you:
- Insurance Cards
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Copay, as required by your insurance company (check, cash or credit card)
- Referral Form (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Completed Registration Form
- List of all Your Medications, Vitamins and Supplements
- Medication Allergies
- List of your Medical Problems and Prior Surgery
Please feel free to bring your spouse, significant other, a family member or friend with you to the appointment.
Forms & Instructions
- Registration Forms for New and Returning Patients
- Family History Questionnaire
- Fibrocystic Breasts Information
- Hereditary Cancer Family Questionnaire
- Post Core Biopsy Instructions
- Post Procedure Compression Bra
- Surgery Preparation Checklist-St. Joseph Hospital
- Surgery Preparation Checklist- Plainview Hospital
- Surgery Preparation Checklist- Huntington Hospital
- Preparation & Instructions for Lumpectomy, Excisional Biopsy, Lymph Node Biopsy or Minor Excision
- Preparation & Instructions for Mastectomy (with or without Reconstruction)
- Preparation & Instructions for Breast Aspiration/Core Biopsy in Office
- Preparation & Instructions for Stereotactic or Core Needle Biopsy in Hospital
- Preparation & Instructions for Partial Breast Radiation Catheter Implantation
- Preparation & Instructions for Minor Procedure or Infusaport Insertion
Note: Please feel free to print these out. These forms are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here or on the Get Adobe Reader icon.
Post-Biopsy/Post-Surgical Visit: In most cases, there is no immediate post-biopsy/post-surgical visit needed, therefore, you will be given a follow-up appointment for about 10-14 days post procedure.
Your Pathology Report: The results are usually available within 7-10 business days. We will call you as soon as possible and for privacy reasons we will not give your results to anyone else nor leave a voicemail with results unless you instruct us to do otherwise.
If you have small children under your care we kindly request that you make other arrangements for them during your appointment time. Due to the nature of our practice, young children are not permitted to accompany you in to the consultation or examination rooms.
Food, Drink & Tobacco
We respectfully request that there be no eating, drinking or smoking in our waiting room, examination or procedure rooms.
WIFI, T.V. and Magazines
We offer free WIFI in our office for your convenience while you wait. In addition, there is T.V. and a wide variety of reading materials at your disposal.
We understand that life can be busy and that things change. If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you kindly provide us with at least 48 hours notice. This courtesy, on your part, will make it possible to give your appointment to another patient.
Our practice provides on-call service for emergencies, 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week. Call (516) 520-1480, leave a message and Dr. Kaufman or his covering physician, will be notified. Please remember to "turn off" the Caller-ID/Caller Blocking functions on your phone so that you can receive a call back from the doctor. As an option, also leave your cell phone number on the message. Please speak slowly and clearly. If there is a true emergency, please call 911 and or proceed to the nearest emergency room at once.
We accept personal checks, cash and credit cards. Copays are due at the time services are rendered. We do not bill patients for copays. In addition, if you have a deductible, please be prepared to satisfy that as well on the day of your visit. If you need to discuss financial arrangements, please feel free to speak to our office manager, Theresa Mann.
Health Insurance Plans
Our practice accepts almost all major insurance plans, including those listed below and many more not listed. If you don't see your insurance carrier listed, please call our office and speak with our office manager, Theresa Mann to see if we accept your plan. We will always try to accommodate your needs and special allowances can be made. Very often we care for patients who are self paying, with no insurance or those who have coverage that we do not participate with. Please let us know if you have out of network insurance benefits. Please ask for details. We are happy to help.
- Cigna HMP/PPO
- Empire Plan
- Group Health Incorporated (GHI) HMO/PPO
- Healthcare Provider
- Island Group
- Multi Plan
- National Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- VNS Choice